6th ANNUAL LAKE SUNAPEE SAILING DAY
-To Promote Sailing Fun on Beautiful Lake Sunapee-
Saturday, July 15, 2017Sunday, July 16, 2017
(weather day July 16)
Sponsored by the Lake Sunapee Cruising Fleet
• Join the FUN for a “Poker Cruise” at 1:00pm
• All sailboats from sunfish to cruisers to racers are Welcome!
• Reception to follow at the Knowlton House (LSPA) from 4:00pm – 5:00pm with prizes and refreshments
• Prizes for best poker hands and best themed crew costumes
What is a Poker Cruise?
Meet on the lake at the Lake Sunapee Cruising Fleet Committee Boat between 1:00pm and 2:00pm just outside the entrance to Sunapee Harbor. It is a pontoon boat that will be adorned with balloons. At the Committee Boat, each sailboat will be given instructions, a course map, and a playing card. Sail to four points on the upper end of the lake. At each point, there will be a power boat displaying balloons where you will receive another playing card. Bring your “poker hand” and wear your crew costumes to the Reception and win prizes.
A Reception will be held from 4:00pm until 5:00pm at the LSPA (Lake Sunapee Protective Association) Knowlton House in Sunapee Harbor. Food and refreshments will be served and prizes will be given out for the best poker hands and the best themed crew costumes worn by skipper and crew.
All sailboats must meet all vessel requirements as outlined in the Boater’s Guide of New Hampshire.
If you would like to participate with your sailboat or want more information please contact Bruce or Kate McCloy at 763-9610 in the evenings or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no pre-registration required and there is no fee.
The Lake Sunapee Cruising Fleet is a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to the sport of sailboat racing on Lake Sunapee and creating friendships. It has been in existence since 1984.
How can I get involved in the Lake Sunapee Cruising Fleet?
- Become a Fleet Member and participate in the races, activities and social events
- Become an Associate Member and race occasionally for fun and attend social events
- Become a Regular Crew Member and race and attend social events